Are you a history buff? Take a look at GlobalETA*'s history resources. Your favorite not included? Let me know so I can add it!
Central and South America
- China's 7 Most Significant Historical Sites You Should Visit - from China Highlights
- The construction of the Grand Palace began in 1782 during the reign of King Rama I, the founder of Chakri Dynasty, to become a royal residence, and it has been the utmost architectural symbol of Thailand ever since. - Bangkok, Thailand
- Most Visited Historical Monuments in Mumbai - from Silicon India Travel
- The Taj Mahal is an ivory-white marble mausoleum on the south bank of the Yamuna river in the Indian city of Agra. It was commissioned in 1632 by the Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan, to house the tomb of his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
- Wat Maha That - Mahathat Temple is one of the oldest and most significant temples in Thailand.
- Wat Phra Si Sanphet was the holiest temple on the site of the old Royal Palace in Thailand's ancient capital of Ayutthaya until the city was completely destroyed by the Burmese in 1767.
- Historvius is a community-based historic destinations directory run by history enthusiasts who are passionate about the web.
- Top 10 Most Controversial Historical Sites - from How Stuff Works Adventure
- Top Ten Historical Sites in the World - from Nomadic Matt
- UNESCO World Heritage Site list
- World's Most-Visited Ancient Ruins - from Travel+Leisure
SEE ALSO: ATTRACTIONS